What We Do
- The Alaska Ombudsman helps people who have complaints or problems with our state government.
- We investigate complaints to determine if you were treated unfairly, unreasonably, unlawfully, or in error.
- We make sure government processes are fair and effective.
- We work to resolve complaints and improve government processes.
We helped a state retiree get credit for past employment history which resulted in an increase of his retirement benefits.
File a Complaint
The Alaska Ombudsman is an independent, impartial, non-partisan agency that investigates complaints against the Alaska State Government and departments.File a Complaint
Wondering what types of complaints we investigate, what happens when you file a complaint, or the influence we have within the government?Learn More
- We are excited to announce that we are moving into our permanent offices in the Legislative Office Building in Anchorage. We will be closed Thursday, May 23 through Tuesday May 28 while we move and… ...