What We Do
- The Alaska Ombudsman helps people who have complaints or problems with our state government.
- We investigate complaints to determine if you were treated unfairly, unreasonably, unlawfully, or in error.
- We make sure government processes are fair and effective.
- We work to resolve complaints and improve government processes.
We broke through a communication barrier at the Division of Public Assistance to help a man get his brother into a nursing home before time ran out.
File a Complaint
The Alaska Ombudsman is an independent, impartial, non-partisan agency that investigates complaints against the Alaska State Government and departments.File a Complaint
Wondering what types of complaints we investigate, what happens when you file a complaint, or the influence we have within the government?Learn More
- Last Friday, on November 30, a major earthquake struck the Anchorage and Mat-Su Valley. We are so thankful that our staff evacuated unhurt, and that community services came together to help so many people in ...