What We Do
- The Alaska Ombudsman helps people who have complaints or problems with our state government.
- We investigate complaints to determine if you were treated unfairly, unreasonably, unlawfully, or in error.
- We make sure government processes are fair and effective.
- We work to resolve complaints and improve government processes.
We helped an inmate win parole that was threatened to be revoked due to a disciplinary issue that had been already been overturned.
File a Complaint
The Alaska Ombudsman is an independent, impartial, non-partisan agency that investigates complaints against the Alaska State Government and departments.File a Complaint
Wondering what types of complaints we investigate, what happens when you file a complaint, or the influence we have within the government?Learn More
- The Alaska State Ombudsman has concluded the investigation of a citizen complaint about how the Division of Parks and Outdoor Recreation, within the Department of Natural Resources, investigated a crime reported on state park lands. ...