Our offices are closed to the public to help contain the spread of COVID-19. Call 907-269-5290 to talk with our staff or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What We Do
- The Alaska Ombudsman helps people who have complaints or problems with our state government.
- We investigate complaints to determine if you were treated unfairly, unreasonably, unlawfully, or in error.
- We make sure government processes are fair and effective.
- We work to resolve complaints and improve government processes.
COVID-19 Emergency Response Information & Resources
Updated information about local and state government responses to the COVID-10 public health emergency.
We helped a state retiree get credit for past employment history which resulted in an increase of his retirement benefits.
File a Complaint
The Alaska Ombudsman is an independent, impartial, non-partisan agency that investigates complaints against the Alaska State Government and departments.File a Complaint
Wondering what types of complaints we investigate, what happens when you file a complaint, or the influence we have within the government?Learn More
- The Ombudsman has released the 2019 Annual Report. ...